So yesterday I decided to get a tattoo. I was actually going to wait and get it this weekend, but I tend to have the patience of a child sometimes. It was also out of no where because it wasn't necessarily planned. Like I said, I was supposed to get it over the weekend but I was kind of just like "f*** it" and I got it anyway. I didn't tell my friends where I was going or that I was going to get a tattoo. I didn't tell anyone. I just went to a tattoo shop downtown by myself and it was so exciting. Once I got there and I was waiting for the tattoo artist to set up, I was on my phone. I had the urge to text my friends and tell them that I was getting a tattoo. As much as I wanted to I didn't because I felt that if I told anyone, the excitement would go away. One of the main reasons why I went yesterday and didn't tell anyone was because for once I wanted to do something that not every one knew about. I'm not sure if it's just me, but sometimes I feel like someone always knows what I've done, what I'm doing, or what I'm going to do and it just seems so dull to do anything at all. It's not that I have anything to hide because I don't, I'm just saying that it felt good to do something for myself, by myself, and I was the first to know about it. It was also kind of nice to go alone. I'm sure it would have been fun if I would have brought my friends along, but the whole point of this experience was to do something for myself. It was like having "me time" and it was nice.
So about the tattoo! I got it on my right side on my ribs (yeah, it hurt), but I love it. To be completely honest it wasn't so bad. I was there for like an hour max and it didn't hurt too bad. Don't get me wrong, it didn't feel great but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. At first it felt like getting a shot and then it felt like a burning, stinging feeling. Oh god, so at one point Sam, the tattoo artist, grabbed my side to get a good grip and I laughed because it tickled and he ALMOST messed up. Almost had a panic attack, but other than that it went great. Check it out:

"She who endures, conquers." is a quote that my cross country coach said to me my freshman year in high school. Ever since then, it stuck with me and I applied it to running. Then, I applied it to my life in general. Every one has a story and every one has been through some crazy shit and if you haven't, you will. I have struggled and have made mistakes and I'll probably make a few more before I get it right. I have been through a lot and have had a lot happen to me throughout my life. I have endured and I almost gave up at one point, but I got back up and conquered.
I'll let your other readers comment on your tattoo. I like the quote though. My one question is - couldn't you come up with a better title for this post?
ReplyDeleteWow, so weird because my friends just got a tattoo too! We were literally just at the hookah lounge and they all decided to get a tattoo out of no where. So next thing you know the next day they are all going to a tattoo parlor and getting ink. It was an experience to see all of them doing it together, but I get where you're coming from about doing something for yourself and by yourself. I am not as tough as all of you out there with tattoos and I am not ready for something so permanent. But I like it! It looks good and I like how you have a story behind it, there are many instances in which people just decide to get a random tattoo and have no reason behind or story. I like that about your instance. Have fun and live life, we are only going to be young, free and crazy once, you have to make the best of it. Also you're post really speaks volumes about you as a person and you seem totally chill and rad. And I like your tattoo!
ReplyDeleteI like it! I've always wanted a tattoo but I'm so scared to get one lol
ReplyDeleteWell it was your choice just know that I is permanent. Besides that you are not the only one to make a desicion on the fly I do the too often for myself and now I have spent lots of money on stuff that I really enjoy but didn't need.
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to get a tattoo i'm just waiting on the right moment.
ReplyDelete